NASA / Aerospace
Eilon Engineering is immensely proud to celebrate more than forty years in the worldwide load monitoring market and more than twenty years of technical sales to NASA.
NASA, in a joint venture with Boeing, who is building the CST-100 capsule.
This is the new program for the launching and safe return to earth of the astronauts from the ISS, with flights scheduled for 2018 and for many years thereafter.
This particular operation at a NASA facility demanded the use of very accurate and precise crane scales to lower the upper capsule of the STARLINER precisely onto the lower capsule and be successfully joined together.
In this particular case, the Ron CraneMaster (Ron StageMaster) load cells were used with easily readable handheld displays, showing a real time load map of all loading points, and minute adjustments were made as needed during the operation.
Our two major systems, Ron CraneMaster (known also as Ron StageMaster) for multiple point load monitoring and Ron Crane Scales for single point load monitoring, are being used by NASA and Boeing on many joint ventures and other highly technical and futuristic partnerships.
We at Eilon Engineering are proud that we are trusted completely by these two leaders in the aerospace industry, which is justified by our total dedication to quality and safety.
Our dedicated commitment to safety and unparalleled quality control, encourages world renowned organizations such as NASA, Boeing, United Launch Alliance, Ball Aerospace and Lockheed Martin to put their trust in Eilon Engineering products.
Ron Crane Scales - Unique Advantages:
- The Ron Crane Scales and Dynamometers are exceptionally small, light and advanced with a long range and built in transmission verification mechanism.
- The special perpendicular design neutralizes bending of the load cell, increasing accuracy and safety.
- Featuring fatigue rated load cells with high accuracy (0.1% of full scale), the small dimensions of these crane scales and dynamometers ensure low headroom loss and portability.
- The Ron Crane Scales systems features an exceptionally long battery life: up to 2000 hours or 4000 hours (Ron 2501 with added option), on AA disposable batteries.
- Ron load cells can be purchased as part of a multi-point system capable of collecting measurement from up to 200 load cells.
- Ron Crane Scales and dynamometers are made of high quality aerospace steel and electronics are installed with vibration damping mounts, for increased durability, making the Ron Crane Scales systems suitable for harsh environment applications.
- Separation of load cell and display increases longevity while increasing personal safety.
- Ron Crane Scales systems are available with advanced options for communication with additional display as well as logging and downloading of measurements.
- For the last 40 years Eilon Engineering has been among the leading manufacturers for the global load monitoring market.